|Quest Page: Spoiler Warning.
This is a page describing a single quest in detail, and thus it may (and probably will) reveal plot or quest details. Spoilers will not be hidden from view. For a spoiler-free description of the quest (including difficulty and prerequisites), go here.
|Note: This quest is no longer available. There was a possibility to affect your alignment.|
This is one of the Startup Scenarios
You see a group of armed men attacking an old couple. If you ignore the encounter or flee at any time, then your alignment becomes more wicked.
- Announce your presence by shouting to the bandits... Fight with the highwaymen (next section)
- Rush forward and attack the armed men... Same fight.
- Take aim at the man with the raised sword... (Archery, and a bow required) - Archery Skill check -8. 16 Archery XP if you succeed, and you skip the fight.
- Use Illusion (no level required): 16 XP to Illusion, you skip the fight.
- Use Gating (no level required): An easy fight with The Leader (9+ at MR 19-20 , 35 SP), subduing is an option.
- Use Telekinesis (no level required): 16 XP to Telekinesis, you skip the fight.
- Use Fortification (no level required): 16 XP to Fortification, you skip the fight.
- Do nothing and continue on your way... Your alignment becomes more wicked.
If you fail in the use of any power, events proceed as if you had chosen to attack the men.
- The fight
If you choose to attack the men, you will have to first defeat (kill/subdue, only narrative difference) 4 Highwaymen (9+ at MR 30 , 34 SP). Then, the leader of the group will fire an arrow that you can either defend with Telekinesis or Fortification for 8 XP or dodge , before rushing in to attack you (Kill or subdue) Bandit Leader (9+ at MR 36-37 , 35 SP).
- Rewards from the bandit fight
- Short Bow
- ~100 gold
- ~15 Combat XP if you defeat the 4 Highwaymen
- ~30 Combat XP if you defeat the Bandit Leader
- 8 XP to Fortification / Telekinesis if you use it to protect yourself from the leader's arrow
- Final Rewards
After dealing with the highwaymen either with a direct attack or through the use of a power, you discover that the people you saved have fled but left something behind: Item:450 Unidentified Amulet, which identifies as