|Quest Page: Spoiler Warning.
This is a page describing a single quest in detail, and thus it may (and probably will) reveal plot or quest details. Spoilers will not be hidden from view. For a spoiler-free description of the quest (including difficulty and prerequisites), go here.
|Note: There is a possibility to affect your powers|
A classical quest, one of the first from the early-days AG.
- You can get the power of Elementalism from this quest, so come here without it.
- You can get a good amount of General XP and gold, very useful in the beginning of the game, but you can save a good amount of XP buy buying your six powers from the Grey Circle first.
- You can get Kozuron's Hood and Ring Of Mystic Ability here, for a total +10 NV. Kozuron's Hood is also one of the best free headpieces into the game, at least until much further.
A series of powerful dust storms have raged over Graldok, and Thane Marindol employs you to investigate. He suspects it is the work of Khaurak, a mage who was involved in a plot to overthrow the Thane and seize control of the city almost a decade ago. He is certain that Khaurak has been hiding in the forest east of the city, in the ruins of an ancient wizard's tower called Daggerspire. The directions say follow the "Journey to Daggerspire" link, but actually you have to Travel to Daggerspire.
- Outside the Tower
The first time you arrive at Daggerspire you spot a pair of cave goblins standing guard at the entrance. You can:
- Attack the two goblins - you fight 2 Goblin Guards (9+ at MR 28-30 , 30 SP)
- Use Archery (1+) - you must pass a .
- Slip away and return to Graldok - you go back to the city
From the 2nd floor onwards, you can also sneak out of the tower from that spot. Should you try that, you'll have to pass ato get out without trouble). Some rolls will force you to have an encounter with random enemies. After that, you can go back from the entrance to any floor already cleared with a similar check.
- Random enemies you'll find in the tower
- Winged Imp (9+ at MR ??-27 , ?? SP), special can do up to 2 damage, flees from combat on the first round
- Elite Goblin Warrior (9+ at MR 31-37 , 35 SP)
- 2 Cave Goblin Warriors (9+ at MR 32-34 , 40 SP)
- 3 Cave Goblin Warriors (9+ at MR ??-48 , ?? SP)
- 4 Cave Goblin Warriors (9+ at MR ??-48 , ?? SP)
- 6 Cave Goblin Warriors (9+ at MR ??-48 , ?? SP)
- Fire/Water/Air Elemental (9+ at MR 40)
- Earth Elemental (9+ at MR ??-54 , ?? SP)
- 2 Earth Elementals (9+ at MR 47-49 , ?? SP)
- 3 Earth Elementals (9+ at MR 52-53 , ?? SP)
- Water Elemental (9+ at MR ??-48 , ?? SP)
- 2 Water Elementals (9+ at MR ??-54 , ?? SP)
- Ogre (9+ at MR ??-54 , ?? SP)
- 2 Ogres (9+ at MR 40 , 45 SP)
- Wind Guardian (9+ at MR 45 , 50 SP)
- Howling Air Elemental (9+ at MR 40-41 , ?? SP)
First Floor Edit
As you enter the tower, a face in a mirror will give you clues for the completion of the quest. (This mirror also holds one of the final rewards of the adventure.)
Second Floor Edit
Third Floor Edit
Fourth Floor Edit
- The Chest
In the fifth floor, you'll find a chest. You have to set the dials on it according to the clues the 4 stone faces told you. They're randomized, so we can't list them here, but you can review them in your Adventurer's Log at any time.
- If you fail, you must pass an Agility check (lose ~20-40 SP if you fail it). If you pass it (or survive the flames) you can try again by setting the dials to different numbers.
- If you do it right, you'll get 16 General XP and Unidentified Grey Cloth Hood, that identifies as Kozuron's Hood.
- The Door
The heavy wooden door is surrounded by a brilliant green glow.
After using one key:
The heavy wooden door is surrounded by a bright green glow.
After using two keys:
The heavy wooden door is surrounded by a faint green glow.
After using all three keys:
The heavy wooden door is no longer glowing.
After the glow is gone you can open the door. You may wish to sneak out, rest and save your game first - just in case.
- The Confrontation
Khaurak will throw a bolt of blue flame at you.
- 16 experience applied to Fortification/Elementalism (no level needed) if you use it to deflect Khaurak's bolt of flame.
- Agility check to avoid the flame (if you fail you lose some SP, 13 in my case)
After that, you'll face
- The two goblin chieftains.
- 8 experience to Archery (1+) if you pass the Archery check and kill one of the goblins
- OR 16 experience to Telekinesis (1+) if you use it to kill one of the goblins
- if one of the goblins is dead you fight Cave Goblin Chieftain (9+ at MR 45-46 , 45 SP, 3+ XP)
- if both are alive you fight 2 Cave Goblin Chieftains (9+ at MR 55-59 , 50 SP, 5+ XP)
- Khaurak's summoning
After that, Khaurak starts some summoning:
- Attack him at once: you fight Khaurak (9+ at MR 50-51 , 60 SP, 33+ XP), ~20 SP special
- Remain where you are: You fight 2 Fire Elementals (9+ at MR 50-51 , 70-75 SP, 17+ XP). After that you engage Khaurak (see above)
- The Orb
When you've defeated the renegade mage, you'll encounter a blue crystal orb:
- 16 experience for Destruction (1+)/Telekinesis (1+), if you use it to destroy the orb.
- if you use brute force you fight Elemental Orb (9+ at MR ??-31 , 100 SP), has a special attack, but damage not noted.
- From the large mirror at the end
- If you don't have Elementalism (but can use powers) you will gain Elementalism at level 10.
- If you already have it, you will gain a few levels in Elementalism. At level 30, mastery has been noted to increase 5 levels. At level 60, only two levels.
- Final rewards
- 3,000 gold from Thane Marindol.
- 1,536 general experience for completing the adventure
Text Directions Edit
Level 1 Edit
- West 2 (to see the large mirror) - West 2 (the stone face) - East 2 - North 2 - West 2 - South 2 (stairs up to level 2)
Level 2 Edit
- East 2 - South 1 - East 1 - South 2 - West 3 - North 1 - East 2 (for Silver Key) - West 1 - North 1 (for stone face) - Retrace steps to the beginning of level 2 - North 1 - East 1
Level 3 Edit
- East 3 - South 4 - West 2 (retrieve Platinum Key) - East 2 - North 4 - West 2 - South 3 - West 1 - North 2 (for stone face) - South 2 - East 1 - North 3 - West 2 - South 2 (stairs up to level 4)
Level 4 Edit
- East 2 - North 2 - East 2 - South 1 - West 1 (Gold Key) - East 1 - North 1 - West 2 - South 4 - West 2 - North 1 - East 1 (for stone face) - West 1 - South 1 - East 4 - North 1 - West 1 (stairs up to level 5)
- East 1 - South 1 - West 2 - North 1 (stone chest: the answer is from the stone faces) - North 1 - East 2 - North 2 - West 4 - South 4 - East 1 - North 3 - East 2 (the door)