|Quest Page: Spoiler Warning.
This is a page describing a single quest in detail, and thus it may (and probably will) reveal plot or quest details. Spoilers will not be hidden from view. For a spoiler-free description of the quest (including difficulty and prerequisites), go here.
|Note: Can affect your alignment. Listed in Completed Adventures as The Dilemma in Kirnwell.|
This is one of the Missions for the Thane.
- Be sure to report to Thane Pyrond before investigating the cave.
- You can return to the village to rest and save anytime before defeating the boss.
- At the start of the quest, you will battle Yellow Slime (9+ at MR 44 , 100 SP), up to 16 SP special, you have to attack 2 times before you can flee. If you do nothing, the men will cope on their own.
- You'll meet Rector Pellbrin, the spiritual and political leader of Kirnwell. He explains about the sudden attack of the large yellow slimes
- 2 Kepbekk Elixirs if you report to Thane Pyrond before investigating cave.
- You are then given the option to go down to the cave or return to the village. Return to the village lets you access Kirnwell as a SAFE location. This town is only available within the quest.
- Now there's a dungeon (see below): in short, destroy the 3 Orbs of White Flame before going to the final encounter.
- After you defeat the demon Kar-Gragguth you must exit the cave and will encounter again the man with the red tattoos. If you attack him he disappears (again) and you return with your mission accomplished. If you try to flee you'll face a
- Completion rewards
1,024 General XP
- Rector Pellbrin: nothing to do
- Grobson's Tavern: Buy an ale (1 gold - He will not charge you if you listen to his information, and it's a quite interesting one)
- Wander about the village: nothing happens.
- Return to the cave...
The first time you return to the cave from the town, you will encounter: 2 Club-Wielding Roughs (9+ at MR 45-47 , 55 SP) and 2 Sword-Wielding Roughs (9+ at MR 45-50 , ~65 SP, 9+ XP). For this battle you'll get 2 Short Swords, and Axe and a sturdy Axe, plus a little gold (16-24 gold pieces)
Map of the Cave Edit
Marked Locations in the CaveEdit
In short, destroy the 3 Orbs of White Flame before going to the Boss Battle
Text Directions Edit
- South 1 (man with magical attack, you're pushed North), South 1, East 1, South 1 (Destroy first orb)
- North 1, West 2, South 3, East 1 (Fight Large Yellow Slime), East 3 (Fight 2nd Large Yellow Slime), East 1 (Destroy second orb)
- West 1, North 4, East 1 (Fight 3rd Large Yellow Slime), East 1 South 3 (Destroy third orb)
- North 3, West 2, South 4, West 3, South 2, East 3 (Fight 4th Large Yellow Slime), East 2, North 1 (Defeat boss)
Before you defeat the boss, you will randomly encounter slimes in the cave. Below are the recorded values on my latest run for reference. The MR/SP values of the slimes will vary from the ones listed below, with the most difficult being 2 Massive Yellow Slimes (up to 9+ at MR 60).
- Yellow Slime (9+ at MR 40-42 , ~70 SP, 1+ combat XP)
- 2 Yellow Slimes (9+ at MR 51-52 , 90 SP, 1+ combat XP)
- Oozing Yellow Slime (9+ at MR ??-47 , 80 SP, 2+ combat XP)
- 2 Oozing Yellow Slimes (9+ at MR ??-47 , 110 SP, 2+ combat XP)
- 3 Oozing Yellow Slimes (9+ at MR 1-50 , 135 SP, 4+ combat XP), 2-17 SP special
- Massive Yellow Slime (9+ at MR 50 , 80-90 SP, 2+ combat XP)
- 2 Massive Yellow Slimes (9+ at MR 58-61 , 100 SP, =3+ combat XP)
Old Map Edit
- Blue - Cave entrance (Leads back to village)
- Yellow - Orbs
- Light Green - Level boss
- Two Kepbekk Elixirs if you go back to Pyrond to tell him of the situation.
- If you defeated the 2 Club Wielding Roughs and 2 Sword Wielding Roughs:
- ~9 combat xp
- short sword (common) x 2
- Axe (sturdy)
- Axe (common)
- 8 XP to Fortification for every time you successfully use it to block falling slimes (4 times total).
- 16 XP to Telekinesis (30+)/Fortification (30+)/Destruction (30+) when Kar-Gragguth throws stones.
- 66+ combat XP, Become more virtuous after killing Kar-Gragguth
- Along with random loot and 2 chests of gold (~36-100, ~125-161).
- 1024 general XP for completion.
The Wither Blade
|This massive scimitar was once wielded by the demon Kar-Gragguth, who met his end by your hand. This is a powerful, unpredictable weapon forged ages ago in the shadowy depths of the Neverness. This weapon is of magical quality.|
|This ornate medallion once belonged to the demon Kar-Gragguth, who met his end by your hand. The massive dragon's tooth that adorns this silver medallion is too large to have come from any Srythian dragon.|